My streak finally came to end in late February. Jessica and I decided to take a much needed mini-vacation. Early on the morning of the 24th we headed out. Our first stop was the outlet mall in Silverthorne. Somehow the kids and husbands benefited more from that trip than we did, but it was still a great time. We then had a delicious lunch at the Dam Brewery followed by a fantastic afternoon at the spa and an incredible dinner at our hotel. The next morning I called to check in with Aaron and he hit me with the news - Kinsey had started crawling. It was more of an army crawl than a belly-off-the-ground kind of crawl, but I had missed it!
She continued with the army crawl through March and the beginning of April until, of course, Aaron and I went on a short trip to Mexico. By the time we got back she had become a speed racer. The cats were officially no longer safe.
Kinsey is now pulling herself to standing and walking around objects. You can be sure that I have no intention of leaving town anytime soon lest I miss her first steps.

No comments:
Post a Comment